Thursday, October 13, 2011

Busyness

I can get so caught up in the 'busyness' of life that sometimes I overlook the important things, or grant them, as it has been said, "a lick and a promise."  I really dislike being 'on the run', but sometimes life happens!

Most of the time, when I'm home with nothing overwhelming happening, and not having to rush to anything, I love to begin my day with my journal, a devotion, and my Bible.  That is my time alone with my Lord, where I praise Him and thank Him for all He has done in my life, and tell Him what is currently going on, seeking His guidance and direction.  I love these times together with Him.  I share my concerns, what is happening in my own life, as well as in the lives of family members or friends. I pray for them, asking my heavenly Father what I, perhaps, can do in a given situation.  Sometimes I receive clear guidance in the form of a thought; other times I don't.

Life, however, at times can get extremely busy, or I'm away from home and don't have the privacy I need to pour out my heart to God in my journal, or spend the time I would like to in the Bible.  At such times I become depleted of God's input into my life, and I run on my own steam, tiring quickly.  These are the times I am not depending on Holy Spirit's wisdom or power, but my own, and I sometimes say things I shouldn't say.

How I need to depend on that wonderful boost from the Holy Spirit!  How I need that awesome communion with God at the beginning of my day!

It wasn't always that way.  In the years before I knew my loving Savior, I just 'did my own thing', not giving a thought to others.  I was terribly selfish, and also terribly lost.  But that was another story!

Having just spent about three weeks of the last month away from home, attending seminars and conferences which were excellent, I might add, and extremely helpful both personally and spiritually, it was so wonderful to get back home, into my regular routine, and having the privacy to spend my 'alone' time with my heavenly Father in the morning.  Aaahh!  Rejuvenation!

No comments:

Post a Comment