Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Life Happens!

I was reminded of this today when my son asked me if I wanted to continue with my website ....I had no idea it was as expensive as it has been, because he looks after it, and I have virtually ignored it for the past few years!  Consequently, I don't think I really need a website, if I can keep my blog ... and USE it!

That's the key - to actually USE it!

Life happens!  I lead a busy life, especially since I am very active in my Messianic Congregation, which I love!  I am on a worship team, which means a weekly practice.  I am part of a prison ministry; I've been part of an outreach in seniors' facilities; I've been part of a "Prayer for Israel" group, and have just started our own such group within our congregation. I give a report on 'Israel News' each Shabbat service, which, of course, requires going through a number of sources to compile a report each week.

Sometimes I almost feel like I'm busier now than when I worked full-time.  However, I realize also that I'm not as young as I used to be, so it just feels like it!  Whatever .... I enjoy my life!
 
This does cause me, however, to consider my priorities.  I still want to have time to paint occasionally, and, of course, to read.  I love reading.

I also belong to a Writers' Group;  the point of which, of course, is to actually 'write'!  I've been encouraged to write 'my story' - which I have begun (after a fashion... ), but with the busyness of my life, that usually gets put on the back burner.

The bottom line in all this is, of course, to pray and ask God what HE wants me to do, what HIS will is for me in all this 'busyness' in my life.  Busyness in and of itself is not a positive.  People running around in circles are also 'busy' .... but what is being accomplished??

Today I want to finish a 'watercolor with a message' I've begun for a friend.  A few years ago I had done one for myself, using three words from my 'life verse' - 'way, truth, life'.  My friend commented on it, that she liked it, so I thought I would do something similar for her with three words from her 'life verse'.  I am finished the 'painting' part ... I just have to complete the painting of the words .... I have two more to paint.  I hope to complete that this afternoon!

Life is good.  God is good.  I am greatly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment